SOUTHERN ARIZONA ARTS GUILD
Where dreams, inspiration and artistry come together
SAAG with Cornerstone Hospital of SE AZ
7220 E Rosewood St, Tucson 85710
Thursday, May 11, 2018 to Saturday, November 11, 2018
This is a juried show with a duration of six months. Sizes of outside (framed) paintings accepted: 30 inches largest - 16 inches smalles. (24x30, 16x20, etc.) All hands are needed for this show! attached is a task sheet. When you send your application and fee,
please check off which tasks you are willing to volunteer for.
ALL ARTISTS IN THE SHOW ARE REQUIRED TO TAKE AT LEAST ONE TASK!
Cornerstone hosts GREAT receptions with food, drink, music and prizes! This show is entitled "SPRING INTO AUTUMN."
1. Membership must be current and in order to be eligible for this show, which is a good incentive to pay your annual dues at this time.
2. All entrants are required to deliver and pick up their work at the venue.
3. Only original art work that is framed appropriately will be accepted for this show.
4. Saw tooth hangers will nt be accepted.
5. All accepted pieces must have an identification card the size of a business car provided by the artist on the back of the work. The card needs to include title, artist's name, medium, price and working phone number.
6. Please commit to the 6 month contract. IF you absolutely must remove a piece before November, you are responsible for replacing it with another piece. Do not leave a wall naked, it is embarrassing! If a piece is sold, the artist will be responsible for contacting the show coordinator(s) and responsible to replace the sold peice with another piece of similar quality and subject matter.
7. Artosts are responsible for handling all sales of their artwork. Cornerstone will not handle any sales of artwork. Your phone number must be on the card next to your painting so the buyer can call you and arrange for the sale. It is not the responsibility of the Cornerstone staff to accept payment or take down or replace your paintings or contact your about a possible sale. If for any unforeseen reason the staff becomes involved with your sale, they will charge you $50 per painting.
Application form and check must arrive by April 5, 2018 Deadline
Notification of acceptance by email by April 24, 2018
Pick Up or Present show pictures on June 3, 2018
Pick up of last show - 9 am
Delivery of new show art - 10 am
Cprmerstpme Reception June 7 from 4:3- to 6:30 pm
SAAG Criteria for Submitting 2D Artwork for Exhibitions and Competitions
• In order to submit work to be juried for an exhibit, all work must be clearly labeled on the back with the title of the piece, medium, artist’s name, price and phone number.
• Art should never be submitted wet or unfinished. Watercolor, pastel, graphite, scratchboard and colored pencil paintings should be mounted and framed in a professional manner with clean, dust-free glass or plexi-glass.
• Canvas pieces should be gallery wrapped and at least 1.5” deep. Narrower canvas pieces should be framed.
• All artwork must be ready to hang using standard picture wire. Any artwork with sawtooth hangers, worn and scratched glass or frames, or narrow unframed canvas will not be considered.
• All work submitted must be your own original work. You may not submit work that has been done under the direct supervision of an instructor, or copied from a book, calendar, magazine, or a photograph that is not your own (unless you have written permission from the photographer).
• All artists determine the selling price of their work. If you are an emerging artist with no record of sales on which to base your pricing, please be reasonable about what you expect to get for your work. As you gain recognition and sales, you may adjust your pricing accordingly.
• When you are asked to submit jpgs for the purpose of jurying, please make sure that the jpg you submit represents your painting accurately in regard to clarity and color. If you submit blurry or washed-out jpgs, your work cannot be considered.
• If work is juried by jpg, you will be notified by e-mail of acceptance according to the exhibit prospectus.
• Please make an accurate inventory of the work you have submitted. If you sell one of those pieces before the show is installed, you may not substitute another piece.
• All artwork juried by the Guild is done so on the following criteria:
1.Composition and design 2.Creativity and originality 3.Technical merit 4.Proper framing and matting 5.Following the show or exhibit prospectus.
Unless otherwise specified, jurors for shows are trained members of the SAAG Critique Committee.